Mission and Goals
Mission: Dividends for America is a national coalition of individuals and organizations advocating for the return of carbon price revenues back to households.
The goals of Dividends for America are:
- to build a bi-partisan, diverse coalition to advocate for dividends as the primary use of carbon price revenues
- to educate the public about the benefits of the creation of a national carbon price with the following characteristics:
- assessment of the carbon price on upstream companies that produce or import fossil fuels into the economy
- returning a majority of funds raised back to households, citizens, consumers as a dividend
- delivering the dividend off-bill and separate from the tax system
- a simple system with minimal loopholes or "offsets"
The activities of Dividends for America are to:
- coordinate among dividend supporters by providing communications, strategies, and resources
- conduct an outreach campaign to expand the pro-dividend coalition to distinct audiences including the public, decision makers, and the media
- raise funds to implement the above activities